India seeks extradition of Headley`s wife
Washington: India has asked Morocco to extradite the estranged wife of David Coleman Headley, the alleged mastermind of November 2008 Mumbai terror attack, as she is believed to have information and answers to key questions related to the incident.
If she cooperates, Indian authorities hope that Faiza Outalha will offer information about Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, the founder of terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba and another mastermind of the Mumbai terror attack, a Chicago television channel reported on Tuesday.
In an interview to Chicago`s WLS-TV/DT, Headley`s second wife Faiza Outalha, who had visited India twice along with her husband during which he surveyed the sites of possible terrorist attack, said that she told the US authorities about the possibility of such an attack, but she was not taken seriously.
"So I went to them and I then started saying stuff, I said he`s going to bomb everything, he`s a criminal. They didn`t bother," Outalha told the news channel.
Outalha alleged she was betrayed by Headley who is now awaiting sentencing in a Chicago prison. He has pleaded guilty to his role in the Mumbai terrorist attacks.
"It was love at first sight, you know, and we just married and, you know, it was so quick. He betrayed me in every way, many lies, he`s been lying to me, I mean the marriage, he fooled me to this marriage," Outalha told the channel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days