India seeks new Interpol look-out notice category for terrorists
New Delhi: India has asked the Interpol to bring out a new category of look-out notices specifically for terror-related crimes.
This was suggested to Interpol authorities by CBI top brass during the 81st General Assembly, a four-day conference held in Rome last week, agency sources said here today.
India is struggling to bring back several most wanted terrorists Dawood Ibrahim, Hafiz Saeed, Maulana Masood Azhar, Iqbal Memon alias Iqbal Mirchi among others, in connection with terror attacks such as 1993 Mumbai blasts, Indian Airlines plane IC-814 hijacking to Afghanistan and 26/11 attack in Mumbai.
The issue came up during the deliberations on international notices system where India raised concerns about the wanted terrorists who are still on the run and suggested a new category of look-out notice specifically for terror- related crimes as Red Corner Notice was not sufficient for it, they said.
The Indian delegation to the conference and the ministerial meeting was headed by Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde who was accompanied by Director CBI and head of NCB India, A P Singh, and other senior police and law enforcement officers.
At present, the Interpol issues eight types notices on the request of member-countries.
Red Corner notice are issued to seek the location and arrest of wanted persons, Blue to collect additional information about about a criminal. Green notices are for issuing warnings and intelligence about criminal offences of persons who may repeat in other countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!