India seeks US, Saudi help to track down IP addresses
New Delhi: India has sought help from the United States and Saudi Arabia to track down the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of the web pages where morphed images and videos were uploaded to create social unrest in the country.
Technical details and IP addresses are being sought from the two countries by sending Letters Rogatory (LR) as computer servers of Google, Facebook and Twitter are located in America while several inflammatory contents were uploaded in some of the webpages in Saudi Arabia.
Union Home Secretary R K Singh spoke to Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai and apprised him on information about bulk of the morphed images being sourced to Pakistan.
Home Ministry officials said information gathered through LR is acceptable in a court of law as legal evidence and these will be shared with Pakistan.
As the government ordered blocking of 65 new webpages today, taking the number to 310, names of two Pakistani political parties -- Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf -- and a private TV channel of that country have surfaced in some of the images and videos which were uploaded in different webpages with the aim of inciting Muslims in India leading to the mass exodus of people of the Northeastern region from places lKarnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra.
Technical details of these images and videos are being gathered to find out whether the two parties and the media organisation or some of their members were really involved in it or not, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror