India sending humanitarian food assistance to Yemen
New Delhi: India is extending humanitarian food assistance comprising rice to Yemen following UN appeal to international community to assist that country.
The first consignment is scheduled to reach the Port of Hodaidah, Yemen on July 13, 2012, Ministry of External Affairs said in a statement here on Monday. However, the statement did not mention the quantity.
"India and Yemen have traditionally enjoyed close relations. In keeping with this, Government of India is extending humanitarian food assistance comprising rice to the Republic of Yemen. The first consignment is scheduled to reach the Port of Hodaidah, Yemen on July 13, 2012," it said.
Owing to developments affecting the Yemeni economy adversely, the United Nations has requested the international community to assist Yemen of which food assistance is a crucial component, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter