`India set to diversify partnership with Vietnam`
New Delhi: Noting that relationship between India and Vietnam is based on mutual trust and convergence of interests, President Pranab Mukherjee has said New Delhi stands ready to add more content to its ties with Hanoi.
Mukherjee, during his meeting with Vietnam Fatherland Front chairman Huynh Dam, said the relationship between both the countries is based on mutual trust and convergence of interests and views on global issues.
He conveyed to Dam, who met him yesterday, that India stands ready to add more content to the strategic partnership in the defence, economic, commercial, scientific, technical and cultural field, a Rashtrapati Bhavan release said today.
Mukherjee expressed great admiration for the courage of the people of Vietnam and their tremendous strides in economic and social development.
He said the relationship between India and Vietnam is based on mutual trust and convergence of interests and views on global issues, it said
Dam described India as a long standing friend and partner of Vietnam who has always stood by his country in its times of need, bilaterally and in international fora.
He reiterated the support of Vietnam for India`s candidature for a permanent seat in the UN Security Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui