`India set to diversify partnership with Vietnam`
New Delhi: Noting that relationship between India and Vietnam is based on mutual trust and convergence of interests, President Pranab Mukherjee has said New Delhi stands ready to add more content to its ties with Hanoi.
Mukherjee, during his meeting with Vietnam Fatherland Front chairman Huynh Dam, said the relationship between both the countries is based on mutual trust and convergence of interests and views on global issues.
He conveyed to Dam, who met him yesterday, that India stands ready to add more content to the strategic partnership in the defence, economic, commercial, scientific, technical and cultural field, a Rashtrapati Bhavan release said today.
Mukherjee expressed great admiration for the courage of the people of Vietnam and their tremendous strides in economic and social development.
He said the relationship between India and Vietnam is based on mutual trust and convergence of interests and views on global issues, it said
Dam described India as a long standing friend and partner of Vietnam who has always stood by his country in its times of need, bilaterally and in international fora.
He reiterated the support of Vietnam for India`s candidature for a permanent seat in the UN Security Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das