India `shocked` over Salman Taseer`s assassination
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Thursday wrote to his Pakistani counterpart Shah Mehmood Qureshi expressing "deep sorrow and shock" over the assassination of Salman Taseer, governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province.
In the letter, Krishna conveyed his "heartfelt
condolences" on behalf of the people and the Government of
India to Tasser`s family.
The Minister also described Taseer as a "dynamic and
progressive" leader of Pakistan.
Taseer, a senior leader of the ruling Pakistan
People`s Party was shot dead by one of his guards at the
Kohsar Market in Islamabad on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`