India `shocked` over Salman Taseer`s assassination
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Thursday wrote to his Pakistani counterpart Shah Mehmood Qureshi expressing "deep sorrow and shock" over the assassination of Salman Taseer, governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province.
In the letter, Krishna conveyed his "heartfelt
condolences" on behalf of the people and the Government of
India to Tasser`s family.
The Minister also described Taseer as a "dynamic and
progressive" leader of Pakistan.
Taseer, a senior leader of the ruling Pakistan
People`s Party was shot dead by one of his guards at the
Kohsar Market in Islamabad on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends