India `shocked` over Salman Taseer`s assassination
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Thursday wrote to his Pakistani counterpart Shah Mehmood Qureshi expressing "deep sorrow and shock" over the assassination of Salman Taseer, governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province.
In the letter, Krishna conveyed his "heartfelt
condolences" on behalf of the people and the Government of
India to Tasser`s family.
The Minister also described Taseer as a "dynamic and
progressive" leader of Pakistan.
Taseer, a senior leader of the ruling Pakistan
People`s Party was shot dead by one of his guards at the
Kohsar Market in Islamabad on Tuesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory