India should approach with documents on extradition: Chile
New Delhi: Chile on Wednesday said India will
have to approach it with all documents for seeking extradition
of a person suspected to be Abdul Rauf, alleged mastermind
of the IC-814 hijacking in 1999.
"After identification, it would be possible to start
extradition. For that, Indian embassy in Santiago must apply
with all the papers to the justice in Chile. That is position
today," Chilean Ambassador to India Christian Barros told
Barros had come to the External Affairs Ministry to
discuss the issue with officials here and the possible
cooperation between the two countries in this regard.
He said after it informed India about the detention of
the suspect, officers from the CBI and Police have gone to
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources