India should approach with documents on extradition: Chile
New Delhi: Chile on Wednesday said India will
have to approach it with all documents for seeking extradition
of a person suspected to be Abdul Rauf, alleged mastermind
of the IC-814 hijacking in 1999.
"After identification, it would be possible to start
extradition. For that, Indian embassy in Santiago must apply
with all the papers to the justice in Chile. That is position
today," Chilean Ambassador to India Christian Barros told
Barros had come to the External Affairs Ministry to
discuss the issue with officials here and the possible
cooperation between the two countries in this regard.
He said after it informed India about the detention of
the suspect, officers from the CBI and Police have gone to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?