`India should be more aggressive with China on Tibet`
Mumbai: The Indian government should adopt a more aggressive policy with China on Tibet, member of the Tibetan Parliament-in-exile Lobsang Yeshi said here on Wednesday.
On "repression" by the Chinese government in Tibet, Yeshi said, "Chinese repression has only increased in the last so many years. They are exploiting Tibet`s mineral resources. They have also been dumping their nuclear waste in Tibet."
He also alleged China was pursuing anti-India policies. A four-member delegation from the Tibetan parliament is in the city as a part of `Solidarity with Tibet` campaign, launched last year.
The delegation met Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse-Patil and minister Nitin Raut, and apprised them of the situation in Tibet.
"The Indian government and its people should raise the issue of Tibet at various governmental and non-governmental platforms," Yeshi said, adding that Tibetans were fighting the "mightiest" power in the world in a peaceful manner.
"India should raise human rights issues," he said. After visits to Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Pondicherry and Goa, the delegation here met several political and Bollywood personalities, including RPI leader Ramdas Athawale, film directors Shyam Benegal and David Dhawan, producer Firoz Nadiadwala, actors Anupam Kher, Vivek Oberoi, David Dhawan, Nargis Fakhri, among others.
"Over five lakh (Chinese) army troops have arrived in Tibet, besides 10-12 lakh civilians from China. Whereas, our number is mere six lakh," Yeshi claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail