`India should be more aggressive with China on Tibet`
Mumbai: The Indian government should adopt a more aggressive policy with China on Tibet, member of the Tibetan Parliament-in-exile Lobsang Yeshi said here on Wednesday.
On "repression" by the Chinese government in Tibet, Yeshi said, "Chinese repression has only increased in the last so many years. They are exploiting Tibet`s mineral resources. They have also been dumping their nuclear waste in Tibet."
He also alleged China was pursuing anti-India policies. A four-member delegation from the Tibetan parliament is in the city as a part of `Solidarity with Tibet` campaign, launched last year.
The delegation met Maharashtra Legislative Assembly Speaker Dilip Walse-Patil and minister Nitin Raut, and apprised them of the situation in Tibet.
"The Indian government and its people should raise the issue of Tibet at various governmental and non-governmental platforms," Yeshi said, adding that Tibetans were fighting the "mightiest" power in the world in a peaceful manner.
"India should raise human rights issues," he said. After visits to Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Pondicherry and Goa, the delegation here met several political and Bollywood personalities, including RPI leader Ramdas Athawale, film directors Shyam Benegal and David Dhawan, producer Firoz Nadiadwala, actors Anupam Kher, Vivek Oberoi, David Dhawan, Nargis Fakhri, among others.
"Over five lakh (Chinese) army troops have arrived in Tibet, besides 10-12 lakh civilians from China. Whereas, our number is mere six lakh," Yeshi claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug