India should develop competent technologies: Kakodkar
Chennai: Citing development of
high-temperature nuclear reactor technology by China, Atomic
Energy Commission Chairman Anil Kakodkar on Monday said India
should also produce such competent technologies to progress
"In a country like ours, (where) we are on a rapid growth
path, I think it`s important for us to graduate to next
level", he said at a function in the IIT, Madras, here.
The reactor technology was developed by a university in
China as part of a national effort, he said adding academic
institutions had a greater role to play in the development of
With national support, newer technologies could be
developed and research activities could commence from
universities, he said.
He was speaking at the release of `Golden Jubilee Book
Series` and unveiling of the inaugural issue of International
Journal of `Advances in Engineering Sciences and Applied
Mathematics` brought out by the IIT-M.
Kakodkar, who is also the Chairman of Board of Governors
of IIT, Bombay, said the book series would lead to the
`sharpening of research activities`. "I hope it will attract
more people to engage on research (based) activities."
IIT-M Director M S Ananth said the journal would be
available free-of-cost and initially 500 copies would be
printed and distributed to various universities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you