India should keep close watch: BJP on Nepal wiretap
New Delhi: Taking a serious note of reports
about Nepal`s Maoist leaders seeking money from China, BJP
today said the government should keep a "close vigil" of the
situation as such "interference" into the internal affairs of
Nepal could be a "big threat" to the security of India.
"We have received news from there (Nepal) that Maoist
leader Prachanda`s friends have asked for Rs 50 crore from
China to purchase the parliamentarians of the country," BJP
spokesperson Tarun Vijay said at a press conference here.
"We demand that the government of India should keep a
close vigil on the situation and in any condition, should not
allow the interference of China into internal affairs of
Nepal," he said.
Vijay underlined that Nepal is passing through a very
"critical phase" and said that in such circumstances, China`s
interference into the internal affairs of Nepal will not only
be a threat to the future of the neighbouring country but also
the security of India.
He said whatever happens in Nepal should be according to
the "democratic" wishes of the people of that country.
Any interference by any country or individual should not
be acceptable in Nepal, he said.
"The way China came in Gilgit... In a statement released
by China`s foreign ministry, Indian territory, which is in
illegal possession of Pakistan, was declared as Pakistan`s
northern area and later removed from its website....all these
things create a serious threat situation for India. It is
extremely worrisome for us," he said.
If in Nepal, China attempts to install the government it
favours by apparently interfering into its internal matter, it
will not only be a threat to the future of Nepal but may also
become a big threat to India "which we can not accept", he
A wiretap conversation leaked to Nepalese media has
alleged that the party had sought Rs 50 crore from China to
"buy" lawmakers to get their supremo elected to the post of
premier after five rounds of voting failed to produce a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof