India should raise with Rehman Malik Capt Kalia issue: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday said India should discuss with Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik during his forthcoming visit here the issues related to Kargil martyr Captain Saurabh Kalia and the masterminds of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack based in the neighbouring country.
"Government should definitely discuss the issues related to Captain Saurabh Kalia`s death with Rehman Malik...It should also raise some other issues. It should strongly flag the issue of bringing to book the masterminds of 26/11 who are living in Pakistan," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
Captain Kalia`s father has petitioned the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) seeking justice for his son who was brutally tortured and killed by Pakistani troops during the Kargil conflict of 1999.
In his petition, N K Kalia has sought an independent investigation into the torture of his son and five other jawans of Indian Army by Pakistani soldiers.
He has also demanded Pakistan be urged to conduct an inquiry and find out those responsible for the inhuman act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai