India should raise with Rehman Malik Capt Kalia issue: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday said India should discuss with Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik during his forthcoming visit here the issues related to Kargil martyr Captain Saurabh Kalia and the masterminds of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack based in the neighbouring country.
"Government should definitely discuss the issues related to Captain Saurabh Kalia`s death with Rehman Malik...It should also raise some other issues. It should strongly flag the issue of bringing to book the masterminds of 26/11 who are living in Pakistan," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
Captain Kalia`s father has petitioned the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) seeking justice for his son who was brutally tortured and killed by Pakistani troops during the Kargil conflict of 1999.
In his petition, N K Kalia has sought an independent investigation into the torture of his son and five other jawans of Indian Army by Pakistani soldiers.
He has also demanded Pakistan be urged to conduct an inquiry and find out those responsible for the inhuman act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post