India should take up visa to Kashmiris issue with China: BJP
New Delhi: In the wake of reports that the
Chinese embassy is issuing stamped visas to some Kashmiris on
a separate sheet of paper and not on their passports, BJP
on Thursday questioned the government`s silence on the issue and
demanded that it should be taken up with the neighbouring
"We condemn outright the move of Chinese embassy to
segregate the people of Jammu and Kashmir while giving these
visas. Why is this being done," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar
He said this was a serious matter and wondered why the
Indian government was not pursuing it with China.
"We are also in favour of good relations with China
but not at the cost of our security," Prasad said.
BJP claimed that it had raised its concern over the
activities of China earlier as well but the UPA government did
not show much enthusiasm. The opposition alleged that the
government was "underplaying" the objectionable activities of
the neighbouring country.
There were reports that instead of issuing visa on
the Indian passport as per the rules, the Chinese embassy was
issuing it on a plain paper to the people of Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital