India should take up visa to Kashmiris issue with China: BJP
New Delhi: In the wake of reports that the
Chinese embassy is issuing stamped visas to some Kashmiris on
a separate sheet of paper and not on their passports, BJP
on Thursday questioned the government`s silence on the issue and
demanded that it should be taken up with the neighbouring
"We condemn outright the move of Chinese embassy to
segregate the people of Jammu and Kashmir while giving these
visas. Why is this being done," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar
He said this was a serious matter and wondered why the
Indian government was not pursuing it with China.
"We are also in favour of good relations with China
but not at the cost of our security," Prasad said.
BJP claimed that it had raised its concern over the
activities of China earlier as well but the UPA government did
not show much enthusiasm. The opposition alleged that the
government was "underplaying" the objectionable activities of
the neighbouring country.
There were reports that instead of issuing visa on
the Indian passport as per the rules, the Chinese embassy was
issuing it on a plain paper to the people of Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why