India shouldn`t talk to Pak till cross-border terror stops: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Monday said "talks and terror" cannot go hand in hand and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should not hold parleys with Pakistan till it stops terror activities emanating from its soil against India.
Speaking at a party programme here, BJP President Rajnath Singh said "our Prime Minister has said there will be no talks till Pakistan makes serious efforts to stop terror activities against India.... I only want to give the Prime Minister one advice. Terror and talks cannot go together."
Adopting a hardline stance, Rajnath Singh said the only issue on which India can have talks with Pakistan at this juncture is about the part of Jammu and Kashmir that is held by the neighbouring country.
He charged the Indian government is following a "weak" foreign policy towards Pakistan which has beheaded Indian soldiers and the country has not acted against it.
"It is a big diplomatic failure of the Indian government. Pakistan is our neighbour and we want good relations with it but Pakistan is unrelenting in its activities. BJP clearly believes that till Pakistan stops sponsoring terror activities from its soil, India should not hold talks," Rajnath Singh.
He alleged Pakistan has crossed all limits in supporting terrorism.
"President Pervez Musharraf had promised Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee that Pakistan will use all its powers to prevent use of its territory for terrorist activities against India. Our Prime Minister (Manmohan Singh) also said no talks till Pakistan makes serious efforts to stop terrorism but met his Pakistan counterpart Nawaz Sharif in the US," he said.
The BJP President also maintained no "third power" should be involved in resolving Indo-Pak issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!