`India showed itself as a responsible global stake holder`
Washington: India has shown itself as a responsible global stake holder, a senior Obama Administration official has said.
"India has shown itself to be a responsible global stakeholder and the (US) President announced our position on India`s membership in the Security Council," State Department spokesman, PJ Crowley, told reporters.
"Our support for India is not exclusive of our support for other countries as well," Crowley said in response to a question.
Crowley said the US is supportive of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, but did not specifically say if he wants India to sign it.
"We have encouraged Pakistan to sign on to the Fissile Material Cut-off regime," he said though.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India