`India showed itself as a responsible global stake holder`
Washington: India has shown itself as a responsible global stake holder, a senior Obama Administration official has said.
"India has shown itself to be a responsible global stakeholder and the (US) President announced our position on India`s membership in the Security Council," State Department spokesman, PJ Crowley, told reporters.
"Our support for India is not exclusive of our support for other countries as well," Crowley said in response to a question.
Crowley said the US is supportive of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, but did not specifically say if he wants India to sign it.
"We have encouraged Pakistan to sign on to the Fissile Material Cut-off regime," he said though.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez