`India showed itself as a responsible global stake holder`
Washington: India has shown itself as a responsible global stake holder, a senior Obama Administration official has said.
"India has shown itself to be a responsible global stakeholder and the (US) President announced our position on India`s membership in the Security Council," State Department spokesman, PJ Crowley, told reporters.
"Our support for India is not exclusive of our support for other countries as well," Crowley said in response to a question.
Crowley said the US is supportive of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, but did not specifically say if he wants India to sign it.
"We have encouraged Pakistan to sign on to the Fissile Material Cut-off regime," he said though.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH