`India showed itself as a responsible global stake holder`
Washington: India has shown itself as a responsible global stake holder, a senior Obama Administration official has said.
"India has shown itself to be a responsible global stakeholder and the (US) President announced our position on India`s membership in the Security Council," State Department spokesman, PJ Crowley, told reporters.
"Our support for India is not exclusive of our support for other countries as well," Crowley said in response to a question.
Crowley said the US is supportive of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, but did not specifically say if he wants India to sign it.
"We have encouraged Pakistan to sign on to the Fissile Material Cut-off regime," he said though.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President