`India showed itself as a responsible global stake holder`
Washington: India has shown itself as a responsible global stake holder, a senior Obama Administration official has said.
"India has shown itself to be a responsible global stakeholder and the (US) President announced our position on India`s membership in the Security Council," State Department spokesman, PJ Crowley, told reporters.
"Our support for India is not exclusive of our support for other countries as well," Crowley said in response to a question.
Crowley said the US is supportive of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, but did not specifically say if he wants India to sign it.
"We have encouraged Pakistan to sign on to the Fissile Material Cut-off regime," he said though.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon