India strengthening capability on China border: AK Antony
Hindon: India is trying to have "more understanding" with China while at the same time strengthening its capabilities along the disputed border with its neighbour, Defence Minister AK Antony said Monday.
"India and China have an unsettled border. Talks are going on to find an amicable solution to the long pending dispute," Antony said here.
"We are trying to have more understanding with them."
However, Antony said that like China, India too was "strengthening its capabilities on the border".
"We are taking these two steps together of strengthening capabilities and dialogue," he said.
The minister was speaking at the formal induction ceremony of the Boeing C-17 Globemaster III heavy-lift transport aircraft into the Indian Air Force. The squadron will be based at Hindon air force station near Delhi.
Antony also said a joint exercise between India and China would take place soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley