India summons Pakistan diplomat over capture of BSF jawan issue
New Delhi: India on Thursday summoned the Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner and sought immediate release of the BSF jawan who was captured by Pakistan army in their territory after being swept away by a strong current of the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir.
The issue was also raised by the Indian Deputy High Commissioner in Islamabad with the Pakistan Foreign Office, officials sources said here.
The Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner was called by Joint Secretary in-charge of Pakistan division in External Affairs Ministry Rudrendra Tandon and told that Pakistani government should facilitate the return of the BSF jawan as soon as possible, according to sources.
Meanwhile, according to sources both in BSF and in Pakistan Rangers in Lahore, the Indian jawan will be handed back tomorrow.
BSF sources said a company commander level flag meeting was held earlier today at the Nikowal border post area in Jammu`s Sunderbani sector between the Force and the Pak Rangers who said the BSF jawan Satyasheel Yadav (30) would return tomorrow.
In Lahore, a senior Rangers official said "we have decided to free the Indian soldier. We have completed his interrogation. He will be handed over to the BSF tomorrow in the presence of the media after a flag meeting with BSF in Sialkot on Friday morning."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog