India summons Pakistan Dy High Commissioner over 26/11 attacks trial
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: India on Friday summoned Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner and lodged strong protest against reported adjournment of Mumbai terror attacks trial in Pakistan.
According to informed sources, Indian officials in their meetings with Pakistani officials both in New Delhi and Islamabad have sought regular briefing on the progress of the trial and the investigation being conducted by Pakistani authorities
New Delhi`s reaction comes after a Pakistani anti-terrorism court trying the seven accused in the 2008 Mumbai attacks case adjourned the hearing on Wednesday till September 3 as the judge has gone on a summer vacation.
This was seventh adjournment in a row.
Lashkar-e-Toiba operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, Abdul Wajid, Mazhar Iqbal, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Shahid Jameel Riaz, Jamil Ahmed and Anjum have been charged with planning, financing and executing the attacks in India`s financial capital that killed 166 people in November, 2008.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state