India takes up Chetia`s deportation with B’desh
New Delhi: India has taken up with
Bangladesh the handing over of ULFA general secretary Anup
Chetia, who is currently lodged in a Dhaka jail.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said
India has taken up security-related issues including handing
over of Chetia and various Indian insurgent group leaders
reportedly hiding or detained in Bangladesh with the
government of Bangladesh.
"Details of action initiated by the government of
Bangladesh for handing over of Anup Chetia are not available.
Hence, no specific time frame can be indicated in this regard.
However, matter is being pursued with the government of
Bangladesh regularly," he said in Rajya Sabha.
Ramachandran also said government of Bangladesh has
assured India that it will take all possible measures to
address its security concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway