India takes up support to insurgents issue with China
New Delhi: India has taken up with China the matter of Beijing`s support to Indian insurgent groups.
Replying to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed said "government has taken up the matter of Chinese support to Indian insurgent groups with the Chinese side through diplomatic channel".
The Chinese government has conveyed that it would never support armed groups that are against the government of India, he said.
He was asked whether government is aware that China is trying to establish an intelligence mechanism in the country besides providing training and weapons to Naxalites.
Government keeps a constant watch on all developments having a bearing on India`s security and takes all necessary measures to safeguard it, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred