India takes up support to insurgents issue with China
New Delhi: India has taken up with China the matter of Beijing`s support to Indian insurgent groups.
Replying to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed said "government has taken up the matter of Chinese support to Indian insurgent groups with the Chinese side through diplomatic channel".
The Chinese government has conveyed that it would never support armed groups that are against the government of India, he said.
He was asked whether government is aware that China is trying to establish an intelligence mechanism in the country besides providing training and weapons to Naxalites.
Government keeps a constant watch on all developments having a bearing on India`s security and takes all necessary measures to safeguard it, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'