India takes up support to insurgents issue with China
New Delhi: India has taken up with China the matter of Beijing`s support to Indian insurgent groups.
Replying to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed said "government has taken up the matter of Chinese support to Indian insurgent groups with the Chinese side through diplomatic channel".
The Chinese government has conveyed that it would never support armed groups that are against the government of India, he said.
He was asked whether government is aware that China is trying to establish an intelligence mechanism in the country besides providing training and weapons to Naxalites.
Government keeps a constant watch on all developments having a bearing on India`s security and takes all necessary measures to safeguard it, the minister said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar