India takes up support to insurgents issue with China
New Delhi: India has taken up with China the matter of Beijing`s support to Indian insurgent groups.
Replying to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed said "government has taken up the matter of Chinese support to Indian insurgent groups with the Chinese side through diplomatic channel".
The Chinese government has conveyed that it would never support armed groups that are against the government of India, he said.
He was asked whether government is aware that China is trying to establish an intelligence mechanism in the country besides providing training and weapons to Naxalites.
Government keeps a constant watch on all developments having a bearing on India`s security and takes all necessary measures to safeguard it, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!