India takes up support to insurgents issue with China
New Delhi: India has taken up with China the matter of Beijing`s support to Indian insurgent groups.
Replying to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for External Affairs E Ahamed said "government has taken up the matter of Chinese support to Indian insurgent groups with the Chinese side through diplomatic channel".
The Chinese government has conveyed that it would never support armed groups that are against the government of India, he said.
He was asked whether government is aware that China is trying to establish an intelligence mechanism in the country besides providing training and weapons to Naxalites.
Government keeps a constant watch on all developments having a bearing on India`s security and takes all necessary measures to safeguard it, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'