India to confront Pak over 26/11 probe: PC
New Delhi: India would be raising with Pakistan the still unanswered questions in the probe into the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks at the forthcoming foreign secretary-level talks, Home Minister P Chidambaram said here Friday.
"The home ministry would like, among other issues, for pending issues of investigation of the 26/11 terror attacks to be part of the foreign secretary talks," Chidambaram said.
He added that the government was still preparing the list of issues that will be raised at the meeting.
The foreign secretaries of India and Pakistan are meeting in New Delhi Feb 25 - the first significant official-level meeting between the two countries after India suspended the composite dialogue following the Nov 26, 2008 terror strikes in Mumbai.
India has accused Pakistan-based terror organisations of being behind the attacks, which left over 160 dead and brought Mumbai to a virtual halt for three days. The Indian government has given Pakistan seven dossiers related to the investigating, asking for clarifications on various points of investigation.
India has categorically said that it has a one-point agenda for the foreign secretary-level talks, which was Pakistan`s action on tackling terror.
Chidambaram also indicated that he would be attending the SAARC home ministers` meeting in Islamabad.
"If and when it is held, the present position of the government is that we are attending," he said.
The meeting scheduled this month was postponed at Nepal`s request.
Bureau Report with IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened