India to convey concerns over incursion to Chinese Premier
New Delhi: India will convey its concerns over the recent Chinese incursion in Ladakh sector at the highest level on Sunday when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh holds talks with his Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang, who is arriving here on a three-day visit.
Soon after arriving on his first overseas visit, Li will hold restricted talks with Singh, who will also host dinner for the visiting dignitary at his official residence which will be attended by among others, members of major political parties, including BJP and SP.
Asserting that India thinks "very highly" of Li`s gesture of making the country his first overseas stop after assuming charge, Spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs Syed Akbaruddin said such high-level exchanges are aimed at enhancing trust and understanding as well "exhibit sensitivity" to each other`s concerns.
Giving details of Li`s programme, he said the Chinese Premier, who will arrive in the afternoon tomorrow, will hold restricted meeting with Singh followed by the dinner.
On Monday, the two leaders, accompanied by high-level delegations, will hold comprehensive talks on key international, regional and bilateral issues.
On the issues to be discussed between the leaders of the two countries, which are witnessing differences on various crucial matters including boundary, waters and on market access under economic ties, JS (East Asia) Gautam Bambawale said, "Everything is on the table".
"The two Prime Ministers would talk about these subjects. Since it (incursion) being the recent occurrence(will be discussed)," Bambawale said.
Later, sources said the issue of breach of status quo in Ladakh region will be discussed and India will press that the Special Representatives of India and China, who are scheduled to meet in next few months, take it up in detail to avoid such occurrences in future.
India has been pressing for clarification and confirmation on LAC in the India-China border areas pending the final settlement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal