India to convey concerns over incursion to Chinese Premier
New Delhi: India will convey its concerns over the recent Chinese incursion in Ladakh sector at the highest level on Sunday when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh holds talks with his Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang, who is arriving here on a three-day visit.
Soon after arriving on his first overseas visit, Li will hold restricted talks with Singh, who will also host dinner for the visiting dignitary at his official residence which will be attended by among others, members of major political parties, including BJP and SP.
Asserting that India thinks "very highly" of Li`s gesture of making the country his first overseas stop after assuming charge, Spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs Syed Akbaruddin said such high-level exchanges are aimed at enhancing trust and understanding as well "exhibit sensitivity" to each other`s concerns.
Giving details of Li`s programme, he said the Chinese Premier, who will arrive in the afternoon tomorrow, will hold restricted meeting with Singh followed by the dinner.
On Monday, the two leaders, accompanied by high-level delegations, will hold comprehensive talks on key international, regional and bilateral issues.
On the issues to be discussed between the leaders of the two countries, which are witnessing differences on various crucial matters including boundary, waters and on market access under economic ties, JS (East Asia) Gautam Bambawale said, "Everything is on the table".
"The two Prime Ministers would talk about these subjects. Since it (incursion) being the recent occurrence(will be discussed)," Bambawale said.
Later, sources said the issue of breach of status quo in Ladakh region will be discussed and India will press that the Special Representatives of India and China, who are scheduled to meet in next few months, take it up in detail to avoid such occurrences in future.
India has been pressing for clarification and confirmation on LAC in the India-China border areas pending the final settlement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'