India to get two more missile test facilities
New Delhi: India will set up two more missile test range facilities, one each in Andhra Pradesh and Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Parliament was informed on Friday.
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley told the Lok Sabha that there was no proposal to set up a Missile Launcher Project in the newly formed state of Telangana.
But the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) had identified Rutland Island in Andaman and Nagayalanka in Krishna district in Andhra Pradesh for setting up missile test range facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know why PSU bank employees went on strike on Friday
- Pope Francis to pay `silent` visit to Auschwitz
- ‘Dishoom’ movie tweet review
- Rahul Gandhi's inflation-related speech ''baseless'', just wants to grab people's attention: BJP
- Erdogan wants Army under President's control after coup: Turkish official