India to give ‘updated’ most wanted list to Pak
New Delhi: Having faced widespread criticism over errors in the most wanted list that was sent to Pakistan, India is expected to soon hand over a fresh updated and authenticated list of most wanted individuals to Islamabad.
As per a media report, Wednesday, the new list has been formed with inputs from all intelligence agencies, namely the CBI, NIA and state police departments.
The list would be handed over to the Pakistan High Commissioner in Delhi as early as next week, the report claimed.
India had faced embarrassment after two persons named in the most wanted list of fugitives handed over to Pakistan in May were found to be living in Mumbai.
The list of 50 `most wanted fugitives` hiding in Pakistan includes underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, 26/11 mastermind and Lashkar-e-Toiba founder Hafiz Saeed and dreaded terrorist Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
Home Minister P Chidambaram had accepted the "mistake" and termed it a case of "genuine error" and "oversight".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- China pushes `patriotic` tours in South China Sea: Report
- `Inexcusable errors` by Australia TV crew in Beirut kidnap
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today
- SRH vs SL: Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 2 - Players to watch out for in virtual semi-final