India to hand over fresh Most Wanted list to Pak
New Delhi: After facing embarrassment due
to errors in the list of `most wanted fugitives` handed over
to Pakistan, India has prepared an authenticated list of
wanted criminals to be given to the neighbouring country.
The Home Ministry has prepared the list after
gathering information from all agencies and state governments
concerned and handed it over to the Ministry of External
Affairs to be given to the Pakistani delegation during the
Foreign Minister-level talks to be held here tomorrow.
The revised list of 48 fugitives is "authenticated,
verified" and it is confirmed that none figuring in it lives
in India, an official said.
Those in the list include Lashkar-e-Toiba founder
Hafiz Saeed, al Qaeda leader Illyas Kashmiri, 1993 Mumbai
blasts accused Dawood Ibrahim, gangster Chhota Shakeel, Jaish-
e-Mohammed chief and Parliament attack principal accused
Maulana Mohamad Masood Azhar and Hizb-ul-Mujahideen chief Syed
The government had faced major embarrassment in May
when two persons in the `most wanted list` of 50 `fugitives`
handed over to Pakistan were found to be living in India. The
list was handed over to Pakistan during the Home Secretary
level talks on March 28-29.
Following the goof-up, a CBI inspector was suspended
and two of its senior officials transferred.
Home Minister P Chidambaram termed the mistake as a
wake-up call for security agencies to become more professional
but ruled out giving any apology for the lapse.
He also said that the goof-up did not damage India`s
credibility and it will "not change the dynamics" of Indo-Pak
relationship or the status of discussions between them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone