India to hand over fresh Most Wanted list to Pak
New Delhi: After facing embarrassment due
to errors in the list of `most wanted fugitives` handed over
to Pakistan, India has prepared an authenticated list of
wanted criminals to be given to the neighbouring country.
The Home Ministry has prepared the list after
gathering information from all agencies and state governments
concerned and handed it over to the Ministry of External
Affairs to be given to the Pakistani delegation during the
Foreign Minister-level talks to be held here tomorrow.
The revised list of 48 fugitives is "authenticated,
verified" and it is confirmed that none figuring in it lives
in India, an official said.
Those in the list include Lashkar-e-Toiba founder
Hafiz Saeed, al Qaeda leader Illyas Kashmiri, 1993 Mumbai
blasts accused Dawood Ibrahim, gangster Chhota Shakeel, Jaish-
e-Mohammed chief and Parliament attack principal accused
Maulana Mohamad Masood Azhar and Hizb-ul-Mujahideen chief Syed
The government had faced major embarrassment in May
when two persons in the `most wanted list` of 50 `fugitives`
handed over to Pakistan were found to be living in India. The
list was handed over to Pakistan during the Home Secretary
level talks on March 28-29.
Following the goof-up, a CBI inspector was suspended
and two of its senior officials transferred.
Home Minister P Chidambaram termed the mistake as a
wake-up call for security agencies to become more professional
but ruled out giving any apology for the lapse.
He also said that the goof-up did not damage India`s
credibility and it will "not change the dynamics" of Indo-Pak
relationship or the status of discussions between them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh