India to have Emigration Authority: Vayalar Ravi
Dubai: India will soon have an authority to monitor and facilitate migration of its citizens to other countries, with a comprehensive database of Indians working
abroad, Minister for Oversees Indian Affairs, Vayalar Ravi has said.
Speaking to reporters in Qatar`s capital Doha, he said the government plans to bring a legislation in this regard in the next parliamentary session.
He said the Emigration Authority would facilitate regular, and legal migration of its citizens to other countries, and once such an authority comes into force, the government will have all details of its citizens migrating to other countries for a variety of reasons including work.
"We are trying to bring about the legislation in the next session of the parliament," Ravi told a press conference at the Indian embassy in Doha.
He also said that the next Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, attracts people of Indian-origin from across the world, will be held in Dubai from October 12-13.
Touching subjects of significance to Indian expatriates in the Gulf region, Ravi said the government will help pay a portion of the construction costs for crematoriums and social centres at five locations in the UAE.
He said he has approved the use of the Indian Community Welfare Fund (ICWF) for building cremation facilities and community centres in the emirates of Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.
A crematorium is already being built in Sharjah after Ruler of Sharjah, Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, donated land for that purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore