India to host first border guard-level talks with Nepal
New Delhi: India will host the first-ever border level talks with Nepal as a delegation of the Armed Police Force (APF) of the neighbouring country arrives here on a five-day visit later this week.
An eight-member delegation of the Nepalese APF, the border guarding force of that country, led by their chief and Inspector General Kosh Raj Onta, will reach the national capital on December 2 and hold talks with Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), which guards the border with Nepal, on a host of issues related to border.
The border coordination meet, on similar lines of what India has with Bangladesh, is being held to thrash out a number of issues related to smuggling of narcotics and arms, illegal crossings, strengthing of border outposts and a host of other security-related subjects on this open border.
The SSB delegation will be led by its Director General Pranay Sahay who is holding the top post of the force in an additional capacity.
The SSB guards the 1,751km Indo-Nepal border and is also the lead intelligence gathering agency for this frontier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs