India to host second trilateral dialogue with US, Afghanistan
Washington: New Delhi will host the second tri-lateral dialogue with US and Afghanistan next week, which among other things will focus on co-operation between the three countries post-2014 when the US forces are scheduled to hand over control for security operations to Afghan forces.
The US delegation, led by Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia Robert Blake, would include the Deputy Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, Dan Feldman, the State Department said in a statement today.
The day-long meeting would be held on February 19.
"The United States, India and Afghanistan all share a common vision for a strong, peaceful, and prosperous region and have pledged to work together on common challenges and opportunities including combating violent extremism, strengthening cultural exchanges and increasing regional trade and economic integration," the State Department said.
"The trilateral reflects our mutual commitments to transparency and coordination as Afghanistan continues with it ongoing security, economic and political transitions," it said.
The meeting follows the inaugural trilateral consultations held at the Afghan Mission in New York City on September 25, 2012.
After New Delhi, Blake will travel to Dushanbe, Tajikistan on February 20 leading a US delegation for the mid-year review of the US-Tajikistan Annual Bilateral Consultations.
While in Dushanbe, Blake will also meet senior government officials, local business representatives, and civil society leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'