India to host second trilateral dialogue with US, Afghanistan
Washington: New Delhi will host the second tri-lateral dialogue with US and Afghanistan next week, which among other things will focus on co-operation between the three countries post-2014 when the US forces are scheduled to hand over control for security operations to Afghan forces.
The US delegation, led by Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia Robert Blake, would include the Deputy Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, Dan Feldman, the State Department said in a statement today.
The day-long meeting would be held on February 19.
"The United States, India and Afghanistan all share a common vision for a strong, peaceful, and prosperous region and have pledged to work together on common challenges and opportunities including combating violent extremism, strengthening cultural exchanges and increasing regional trade and economic integration," the State Department said.
"The trilateral reflects our mutual commitments to transparency and coordination as Afghanistan continues with it ongoing security, economic and political transitions," it said.
The meeting follows the inaugural trilateral consultations held at the Afghan Mission in New York City on September 25, 2012.
After New Delhi, Blake will travel to Dushanbe, Tajikistan on February 20 leading a US delegation for the mid-year review of the US-Tajikistan Annual Bilateral Consultations.
While in Dushanbe, Blake will also meet senior government officials, local business representatives, and civil society leaders.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview