India to increase troops if China does so in Ladakh
New Delhi: India will increase the number of its troops if the Chinese People`s Liberation Army (PLA) enhances the strength of its soldiers in the Indian territory of Daulat Beg Oldi (DBO) sector in eastern Ladakh, government sources said Thursday.
All the formations of the Army from the Leh-based 14 Corps to the 3 Corps in Northeast deployed along the China border are also on alert to check any attempt by the PLA troops to enter Indian territory, they said.
A platoon of Chinese troops had intruded into the Indian territory on April 15 and erected its tents there claiming that they are well within their area after which India also stationed a small military camp of Army and ITBP troops near their location.
At the moment, the Army has been told to keep an eye on the movement of Chineese troops and adopt a "non-aggressive approach" in the area but if the PLA increases its troops size, the force will also increase its numbers there, the sources said.
Around 30 Chinese troops are based in two locations including a tented area and another place where the soldiers of the two sides are facing each other with banners in their hands, they said.
The sources said the Chinese troops are from the Border Defence Regiment of the PLA which is located 25 kms north of the location where they have erected their tents.
The Chinese side, they said, is believed to be getting its supplies from its parent unit through the Raki Nala which flows from Chinese side into the Indian side.
The Chinese troops are armed with assault rifles and no heavy weapon has been seen so far with them. They also have two small vehicles for supporting their movement, the sources said.
They said the Indian side may seek a flag meeting with the Chinese but so far it has not been decided.
The two sides have already had two rounds of flag meetings without any success as the Chinese troops have not yet left from there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon