‘India to match Chinese military infra build up’
New Delhi: Expressing concern over Chinese
military infrastructure buildup, Defence Minister A K Antony
on Tuesday said India was working to match it to protect the
country`s territory and build an effective deterrence.
"China is expanding its military capabilities and their
infrastructure in the border area is also increasing
substantially and we are concerned about that," he said.
The Minister made these remarks when asked about India`s
response to Chinese military modernization in the Eastern and
"We have been improving our infrastructure and military
capabilities in the eastern sector. We are strengthening our
military capability and infrastructure not for confrontation,
but to protect our territory and also to build an effective
deterrence. So that we can protect every inch of Indian
territory," Antony said.
India has been deploying its frontline fighter aircraft
Sukhoi-30 MKIs on its airbases along the Chinese border in the
North-East and has raised two Mountain Divisions there.
Ultra light howitzers and tanks under new armoured
formations are also planned to be deployed in the region.
Asked about the existing defence ties with China, Antony
said the Defence Secretary-level talks between the two sides
will be held next year.
"Defence exchanges with China are again resuming. I hope
the defence dialogue (between the two nations) at the Defence
Secretary-level will again resume next years," Antony told
reporters here on the sidelines of Fifth South Asia
India and China will hold the Annual Defence Dialogue
(ADD) in January next year during which the two sides are
expected to discuss resumption of their joint army exercise
and the pending border issues between them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest