India to produce more heavy water
New Delhi: The government said Wednesday that it proposed to set up additional streams of production of heavy water.
But Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V. Narayanasamy told the Lok Sabha that the location of the additional facility would be decided only after techno-feasibility studies.
The minister was asked if the government proposed to set up one more unit for production of heavy water at Hazira in Gujarat.
The minister added that no funds had been allocated for the purpose. "Production from the proposed additional streams may commence in about five years after final approval of the project."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened