India to produce more heavy water
New Delhi: The government said Wednesday that it proposed to set up additional streams of production of heavy water.
But Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V. Narayanasamy told the Lok Sabha that the location of the additional facility would be decided only after techno-feasibility studies.
The minister was asked if the government proposed to set up one more unit for production of heavy water at Hazira in Gujarat.
The minister added that no funds had been allocated for the purpose. "Production from the proposed additional streams may commence in about five years after final approval of the project."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak