India to produce more heavy water
New Delhi: The government said Wednesday that it proposed to set up additional streams of production of heavy water.
But Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V. Narayanasamy told the Lok Sabha that the location of the additional facility would be decided only after techno-feasibility studies.
The minister was asked if the government proposed to set up one more unit for production of heavy water at Hazira in Gujarat.
The minister added that no funds had been allocated for the purpose. "Production from the proposed additional streams may commence in about five years after final approval of the project."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- DRDO to start Rs 100 crore research centre at Jadavpur varsity
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal all praises for Shirish Kunder's 'Kriti'!
- AAP wants Najeeb Jung arrested over murder, Delhi LG rebuts charge
- British MP murder suspect to be tried in November
- Bill for indirect election of mayors passed by Tamil Nadu Assembly