India to produce more heavy water
New Delhi: The government said Wednesday that it proposed to set up additional streams of production of heavy water.
But Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office V. Narayanasamy told the Lok Sabha that the location of the additional facility would be decided only after techno-feasibility studies.
The minister was asked if the government proposed to set up one more unit for production of heavy water at Hazira in Gujarat.
The minister added that no funds had been allocated for the purpose. "Production from the proposed additional streams may commence in about five years after final approval of the project."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"