India to put specific demands relating to terror before Pak
New Delhi: India is likely to put before
Pakistan a set of specific demands relating to terrorism when
their Foreign Secretaries meet next week, the view here being
that its response will determine the future course of such
Expectations from the talks between Foreign Secretary
Nirupama Rao and her Pakistani counterpart Salman Bashir to be
held here on February 25 are "realistic", informed sources
New Delhi will seek voice samples of seven Lashkar-e-
Taiba operatives accused in the Mumbai terror attacks to match
them with telephonic intercepts recorded by Indian security
agencies during the attack by ten Pakistani terrorists on
November 26, 2008.
Voice samples of Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, Zarar Shah,
Abu Al Qama, Shahid Jamil Riaz, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Younus Anjum
and Jamil Ahmed, all of them chargesheeted in a Pakistani
court, will be sought by the Indian side during the parleys.
Terror emanating from Pakistani soil will be India`s
focus at the talks, with the sources emphasising that the
blasts in Pune had only sharpened that focus.
Ahead of the talks, India has conveyed to Islamabad that
its Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi`s rhetoric will not
create a conducive atmosphere for the discussions. Qureshi
had said it was not Pakistan which had knelt before India for
the sake of talks which were being held at India`s request.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA