India to ratify UN anti-graft convention: Pranab
Kolkata: Union Minister Pranab Mukherjee
today said India would endorse the UN convention on graft which the country signed in 2005.
"India will ratify the UN convention on graft. There is
a long legal procedure which is needed to be followed," the
Finance Minister said at a media interaction here.
The UN anti-graft convention has 140 countries in its
Taking a jibe at BJP for its tirade against corruption in
the country, Mukherjee said it was the nature of that party to
raise the issue from "time to time".
When BJP was in power during 1998-2004 it did not pass
the Lokpal Bill conceived in 1972. "Nobody stopped them from
doing that," he said.
He, however, welcomed the gesture made by veteran BJP
leader L K Advani for assuring the party`s support to the
Lokpal Bill when tabled in the Parliament.
The bill would be placed during the coming Monsoon
Session of Parliament, Mukherjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!