India to seek access to quiz Rana, Headley`s wife
New Delhi: India will seek access to quiz Pakistani-Canadian Tahawuur Rana and Shazia, wife of LeT terrorist David Headley, the co-accused in the Mumbai terror attacks during the third Indo-US strategic dialogue which is to be held in Washington next Wednesday, according to news reports.
In the Indo-US Strategic Dialogue counter-terrorism, cyber security, counterfeit currency and a host of other issues is likely to figure.
The strategic dialogue will be co- chaired by External Affairs Minister SM Krishna and US secretary of state Hillary Clinton.
SM Krishna will lead the Indian delegation at the crucial dialogue where illicit financing, transnational crimes and exchange of technology is also likely to be discussed.
Home Secretary RK Singh will be part of the team besides other officials.
Sources said the request to interrogate Shazia and Rana will be made by Home Secretary RK Singh to his US counterpart Jane Holl Lute during the homeland security, counter-terrorism and intelligence sub-dialogue which will also be attended by director of Intelligence Bureau Nehchal Sandhu.
India had access to 50-year-old Pakistani-American Headley, who did a survey of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack targets for the LeT, but so far have not been able to quiz his Pakistani- Canadian businessman friend Rana and wife Shazia.
However, Indian investigators believe that both Rana and Shazia can throw more light into the conspiracy hatched to carry out the worst terrorist strike in India and role of those behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says