India to seek satisfactory closure in Mumbai case
New Delhi: India will seek a ‘satisfactory
closure’ to the Mumbai terror attacks case when it will hold
extensive bilateral talks with Pakistan later this week during
which they will also review the nuclear Confidence Building
Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao, accompanied by a high-
level official delegation, will be on a visit to Islamabad
from June 23-24 to hold talks with her Pakistani counterpart
Salman Bashir. During the talks, India will raise its concerns
over terror directed against it from the Pakistani soil.
"Our concerns have not, in any way, diminished by the
resumption of dialogue...through dialogue you keep the chain
of communication open...How can our concerns of terrorism not
be addressed by us? (and that is why we have to raise
them)...terrorism is central to our concerns," government
sources said here.
Peace and Security, including CBMs, Jammu & Kashmir, and
Promotion of Friendly Exchanges will be the components of the
talks, which will also cover continuing threat posed by
terrorism, the sources said.
Asserting that the series of meetings between the two
sides so far including in the area of security, trade and
commerce and, water have given a "better understanding" of
each-other`s position on several bilateral issues, they said
Rao was going for talks with "open and constructive mind" with
These are also in the run-up to the meeting between the
Foreign Ministers of the two countries next month, sources
said, while maintaining that absence of a cabinet-rank Foreign
Minister in Pakistan will not have an impact on the process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical