India to send policy framework on child rights to Norway
New Delhi: India will soon send "factual
documentation" of its policy framework pertaining to child
rights and welfare to Norwegian authorities, which had asked
for them following the NRI children custody row.
Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has already compiled
its response to the query of Norwegian authorities about laws
and policies dealing with children`s rights and their welfare
in the country, official sources said.
Ahead of the hearing case on March 23 in Norway, the
Norwegian authorities, which have decided to award the custody
of the two children--three-year-old Abhigyan and one-year-old
Aishwarya--to their father`s brother, had sought a response
from India about the laws by March 20.
"Factual documentation required by the Norwegian
authorities is being arranged with the assistance of
appropriate Indian ministries and organisations and will be
sent to Norway well in time for court hearing," the sources
The two kids were taken away from their parents Anurup
and Sagarika Bhattacharya, an NRI couple living there, by
Barnevarne Norwegian CWS last May on the ground of "emotional
disconnect" and put in a foster home.
The MEA has been making huge efforts to impress upon the
Norwegian authorities to find an amicable and urgent solution
to the row with Minister S M Krishna assuring that the
children would be brought home at "any cost".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla