India to sign MoU with Malaysia on labour welfare
Chennai: In a bid to ensure safety of Indian workers travelling to Malaysia for jobs, the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs is poised to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with authorities in Kuala Lumpur over labour welfare.
"A high level Indian delegation will leave for Malaysia this September to meet authorities there and to sign a MoU over welfare of Indians working there," sources said.
The MoU would help Indian officials meet concerned authorities in Malaysia on a regular basis to discuss and solve issues that may rise, they said.
Indian workers are employed in Malaysia in restaurants, plantations and in general services.
According to the High Commission of India at Kuala Lumpur, there are about 150,000 Indian workers in Malaysia in both skilled and semi-skilled category.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory