India to take `considered view` on Brahmaputra dams
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Thursday said the government was yet to get details of China`s plan to construct upstream dams on the Brahmaputra river and will take a considered view on the move.
"We will take a considered view about that," Antony told reporters at a function here when asked about China`s move to build three hydropower dams in the middle reaches of the river which originates in Tibet Autonomous Region and flows into India.
A media report on Wednesday said that the Chinese State Council had approved the dams under an energy development plan for 2015.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know