India to take `considered view` on Brahmaputra dams
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Thursday said the government was yet to get details of China`s plan to construct upstream dams on the Brahmaputra river and will take a considered view on the move.
"We will take a considered view about that," Antony told reporters at a function here when asked about China`s move to build three hydropower dams in the middle reaches of the river which originates in Tibet Autonomous Region and flows into India.
A media report on Wednesday said that the Chinese State Council had approved the dams under an energy development plan for 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket