India to take up killings `very firmly`
New Delhi: India said on Wednesday that it will take up "very firmly" with Islamabad the brutal killing of two Indian soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir by Pakistani troops.
"We will take this up very firmly with the Pakistan government," External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid told a news channel.
He said the killing and mutilation of the Indian soldiers was "an extremely sensitive matter" and "a matter of great concern to everyone".
"These are matters on which every dimension has to be examined very carefully before we say what we propose to do," he added.
Indian officials said that Pakistani soldiers, said to be from the Baloch regiment, sneaked into Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday under the cover of a thick fog and killed two Indian soldiers and wounded a third.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days