India trying to bring back Sarabjit Singh`s body: Sushilkumar Shinde
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde met the bereaved family of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh, who died following a cardiac arrest in a Lahore hospital in the wee hours of Thursday. Addressing mediapersons after meeting them, the Home Minister assured all assistance to the family.
Shinde further assured that India would make all efforts to ensure that the body of Sarabjit Singh is brought back to India, adding that his last rites would be conducted with full state honour. He said that the External Affairs Ministry was in touch with authorities in the neighbouring country.
The Home Minister also said that the demands of Sarabjit’s family would be considered once his body is brought to India and his last rites are conducted.
Shinde pointed that India had till the end requested Pakistan to release Sarabjit Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015