India trying to bring back Sarabjit Singh`s body: Sushilkumar Shinde
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde met the bereaved family of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh, who died following a cardiac arrest in a Lahore hospital in the wee hours of Thursday. Addressing mediapersons after meeting them, the Home Minister assured all assistance to the family.
Shinde further assured that India would make all efforts to ensure that the body of Sarabjit Singh is brought back to India, adding that his last rites would be conducted with full state honour. He said that the External Affairs Ministry was in touch with authorities in the neighbouring country.
The Home Minister also said that the demands of Sarabjit’s family would be considered once his body is brought to India and his last rites are conducted.
Shinde pointed that India had till the end requested Pakistan to release Sarabjit Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’