India trying to bring back Sarabjit Singh`s body: Sushilkumar Shinde
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde met the bereaved family of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh, who died following a cardiac arrest in a Lahore hospital in the wee hours of Thursday. Addressing mediapersons after meeting them, the Home Minister assured all assistance to the family.
Shinde further assured that India would make all efforts to ensure that the body of Sarabjit Singh is brought back to India, adding that his last rites would be conducted with full state honour. He said that the External Affairs Ministry was in touch with authorities in the neighbouring country.
The Home Minister also said that the demands of Sarabjit’s family would be considered once his body is brought to India and his last rites are conducted.
Shinde pointed that India had till the end requested Pakistan to release Sarabjit Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'