India trying to bring back Sarabjit Singh`s body: Sushilkumar Shinde
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde met the bereaved family of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh, who died following a cardiac arrest in a Lahore hospital in the wee hours of Thursday. Addressing mediapersons after meeting them, the Home Minister assured all assistance to the family.
Shinde further assured that India would make all efforts to ensure that the body of Sarabjit Singh is brought back to India, adding that his last rites would be conducted with full state honour. He said that the External Affairs Ministry was in touch with authorities in the neighbouring country.
The Home Minister also said that the demands of Sarabjit’s family would be considered once his body is brought to India and his last rites are conducted.
Shinde pointed that India had till the end requested Pakistan to release Sarabjit Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje