India, UK agree to work in defence technology
New Delhi: India and Britain have signed an
agreement to pool their science and engineering expertise to
work on various projects such as unmanned aerial vehicles and
A Letter of Arrangement was singed by Defence Research
and Development Organisation (DRDO) and its British
counterpart Defence Science and Technology Laboratory in
London on September 16.
The agreement was signed by DRDO chief V K Saraswat and
British chief scientific adviser (CSA) Sir Mark Welland.
Under the agreement, the two countries will explore ways
to defend chemical and biological threats through protection,
decontamination and medical counter-measures, a British High
Commission release said here.
Praising the new agreement, British Minister for Defence
Equipment, Support and Technology, Peter Luff said, "Science
and technology is one of the foundations of our bilateral
relationship with India. The signing of this agreement further
demonstrates the strength of our long-standing alliance.
"I am delighted that scientists from both countries will
be able to share their impressive expertise in this field and
have no doubt it will lead to even greater innovation in
defence and security technology, benefiting both our nations."
Expressing confidence that the agreement will strengthen
technical collaboration between the two countries, UK MOD`s
Chief Scientific Adviser, Professor Sir Mark Welland said the
event marks an important milestone in technical collaboration
between the two countries.
"I have seen the exceptional dedication, expertise and
skill in the DRDO. I know that the UK can look forward to a
productive and valuable co-operation with our great allies in
India for many years to come," Welland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why