India, UK engage for civil nuclear agreement
New Delhi: India and Britain have decided to commence negotiations on a bilateral civil nuclear agreement, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said Tuesday.
Speaking to media after meeting the visiting British premier, rime Minister Manmohan Singh said: "I thanked Prime Minister (David) Cameron for the UK`s support for India`s full membership of the Nuclear Suppliers Group and other multilateral export control regimes."
"We have also decided to commence negotiations on a bilateral civil nuclear agreement," said Singh.
Cameron is in India on a three-day official visit.
The two leaders also discussed the prospects of enhanced cooperation in the development of the defence industrial base of India through greater emphasis on technology transfer, co-development and co-production.
"I have sought his (Cameron) support in ensuring an early conclusion of a fair, balanced and forward looking broad-based India-EU trade and investment agreement, which will open new opportunities for trade and investment between our two countries," said Manmohan Singh.
"Education and science and technology are special areas of India-UK cooperation. I have impressed upon the prime minister (Cameron), the need for a visa regime that facilitates greater movement of people between our two countries so that this cooperation can be further energized," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know