India, US holding discussions on UN peacekeeping efforts
Washington: The US and India are holding discussions on UN peacekeeping efforts and to devise work
strategy for better co-ordination between the two countries in the world body, a State Department official said.
The Assistant Secretary of State for International Organization Affairs Esther Brimmer is leading an
inter-agency delegation to the ninth meeting of the India-US Joint Working Group on UN Peacekeeping.
This meeting builds on the US-India strategic dialogue and was one avenue of increased consultation agreed to during the visit of the US President Barack Obama to India last November, State Department spokesman PJ Crowley said.
Following this working group meeting, Brimmer will hold further consultations with the Indian Ministry of
External Affairs on a range of multilateral issues and opportunities for cooperation across the UN system, including on peace and security, human rights, development and UN management, Crowley told reporters at his daily news conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH