India, US holding discussions on UN peacekeeping efforts
Washington: The US and India are holding discussions on UN peacekeeping efforts and to devise work
strategy for better co-ordination between the two countries in the world body, a State Department official said.
The Assistant Secretary of State for International Organization Affairs Esther Brimmer is leading an
inter-agency delegation to the ninth meeting of the India-US Joint Working Group on UN Peacekeeping.
This meeting builds on the US-India strategic dialogue and was one avenue of increased consultation agreed to during the visit of the US President Barack Obama to India last November, State Department spokesman PJ Crowley said.
Following this working group meeting, Brimmer will hold further consultations with the Indian Ministry of
External Affairs on a range of multilateral issues and opportunities for cooperation across the UN system, including on peace and security, human rights, development and UN management, Crowley told reporters at his daily news conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?