India-US partnership enjoys broad support: Indian envoy
Washington: Indian Ambassador Nirupama Rao considers it fortunate that India-US partnership enjoys bipartisan support in the US Congress, just as it does across the political spectrum in India.
Rao expressed the sentiment in a letter to the outgoing chairman of House Foreign Affairs Committee, Ed Royce, thanking him for his leadership of the Congressional caucus on India and Indian Americans, the largest such caucus for a single country.
Republican Royce recently passed the co-chairmanship of House India caucus to fellow Republican Peter Roskam on becoming the chairman of the foreign affairs panel.
Expressing her deep appreciation of Royce`s leadership of the India caucus, the envoy said the diversification in the global strategic partnership between the two countries "is in no small measure attributable to your long association with the India caucus and the vision and diligence with which you have led it."
"The partnership between our two countries is fortunate to enjoy bipartisan support in the US Congress, just as there is a strong consensus for this relationship across the political spectrum in India," she said.
Rao said she was thankful for Royce`s "willingness to work across the aisle and with the large Indian American community in the United States to advance our shared values and common interests."
Expressing delight at Royce`s decision to remain actively engaged in the work of the India Caucus, the ambassador said she "looked forward to continuing our close cooperation to advance the India-US strategic partnership through the 113thCongress and beyond."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth