India-US Strategic Dialogue on April 6
Washington: India and the US would hold the
second round of their Strategic Dialogue in New Delhi on April
6 during which Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would lead
the American side, Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao has
"This time the meeting would take place in New Delhi on
April 6. Secretary Hillary Clinton would travel to India for
that meeting," Rao told reporters last evening at the end of
her three-day US visit.
Rao, who was basically here for foreign office
consultations, discussed on a wide range of bilateral and
regional issues, besides the developments in Egypt.
She had a lengthy meeting with Under Secretary of State
for Political Affairs William Burns, besides having called on
Secretary Clinton at the Foggy Bottom headquarters of the
Rao briefed the US officials on the recent Indo-Pak talks
in Bhutan and New Delhi`s perspective on it.
Rao said she and Burns discussed the steps being taken by
the two nations on implementation of the decisions reached
during the India visit of US President Barack Obama in
November last year.
They also prepared the ground work for the second
Strategic Dialogue between the two countries.
"I had a very useful meeting with the Secretary of State
Hillary Clinton," Rao said.
"This visit also afforded the opportunity to take stock
of the regional and global situation. The situation in the
region has been an object of focus in our discussion,
previously also with the United States," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say