India wants terror camps in Pakistan destroyed
New Delhi: India on Tuesday asked Pakistan to
destroy the 42 terror camps operational there, saying that a
resurgent Taliban could be a "security threat" to the country
after US forces pull out from Afghanistan.
"There are 42 terror camps which are still operational. We
want all of them to be destroyed," Defence Minister A K Antony
told reporters on the sidelines of the Coast Guard Commanders`
Conference here when asked about India`s concerns over the
existing terror camps in Pakistan.
In the recent past, reports have suggested that a large
number of terrorists are waiting on the other side of the Line
of Control (LoC) to infiltrate into Jammu and Kashmir.
To a query on the impact of the pullout by the US forces
from Afghanistan in the next couple of years, he said, a
resurgent Taliban can be a "security concern for us" after
western forces leave the war-torn country.
American troops are scheduled to leave Afghanistan by
2014 and are engaged in the process of building capabilities
of the Afghan National Army to enable it to handle security on
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape