India warns Pakistan against ceasefire violations
Jammu: India Sunday warned Pakistan against ceasefire violations on the international border in Jammu and Kashmir, Border Security Force (BSF) officials said.
The stern message was delivered to Pakistani Rangers by BSF officers at a flag meeting on the border in Ranbirsingh Pora sector in Jammu and Kashmir Sunday after two incidents of ceasefire violations on the international border since Saturday evening, BSF sources said.
Sources said that the Indian side made it amply clear to Pakistani Rangers that their action of heightening tensions on the borders would not be tolerated and the Indian side reserved the right to respond in kind.
A BSF trooper was killed in firing from Pakistan at the Budhwar post in the sector Saturday evening. The second ceasefire violation took place Sunday morning.
"We replied in kind on both the occasions," said BSF Inspector General (Jammu Frontier) Siddarth Chattopadhyaya. "Medium machineguns and mortars were fired during the exchange of gunfire on the international border," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof