India warns Pakistan against ceasefire violations
Jammu: India Sunday warned Pakistan against ceasefire violations on the international border in Jammu and Kashmir, Border Security Force (BSF) officials said.
The stern message was delivered to Pakistani Rangers by BSF officers at a flag meeting on the border in Ranbirsingh Pora sector in Jammu and Kashmir Sunday after two incidents of ceasefire violations on the international border since Saturday evening, BSF sources said.
Sources said that the Indian side made it amply clear to Pakistani Rangers that their action of heightening tensions on the borders would not be tolerated and the Indian side reserved the right to respond in kind.
A BSF trooper was killed in firing from Pakistan at the Budhwar post in the sector Saturday evening. The second ceasefire violation took place Sunday morning.
"We replied in kind on both the occasions," said BSF Inspector General (Jammu Frontier) Siddarth Chattopadhyaya. "Medium machineguns and mortars were fired during the exchange of gunfire on the international border," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested