India warns Pakistan against ceasefire violations
Jammu: India Sunday warned Pakistan against ceasefire violations on the international border in Jammu and Kashmir, Border Security Force (BSF) officials said.
The stern message was delivered to Pakistani Rangers by BSF officers at a flag meeting on the border in Ranbirsingh Pora sector in Jammu and Kashmir Sunday after two incidents of ceasefire violations on the international border since Saturday evening, BSF sources said.
Sources said that the Indian side made it amply clear to Pakistani Rangers that their action of heightening tensions on the borders would not be tolerated and the Indian side reserved the right to respond in kind.
A BSF trooper was killed in firing from Pakistan at the Budhwar post in the sector Saturday evening. The second ceasefire violation took place Sunday morning.
"We replied in kind on both the occasions," said BSF Inspector General (Jammu Frontier) Siddarth Chattopadhyaya. "Medium machineguns and mortars were fired during the exchange of gunfire on the international border," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India