India was planning to send doctors to treat Sarabjit Singh
New Delhi: India was considering sending a team of doctors to Lahore to assess the medical condition of Sarabjit Singh after its suggestion for shifting him here was not accepted but he died before the plan could fructify.
The proposal came up as Sarabjit`s condition worsened and India was not sure about the quality of medical treatment being given to him, sources said.
India was provided with daily updates about Sarabjit`s medical condition at 10 am and 10 pm and these were analysed by doctors here.
However, before the plan to send Indian doctors could fructify, Sarabjit passed away late last night.
There were issues with regard to getting visas, the sources explained.
The proposal was mooted while India suggested to Pakistan that Sarabjit may either be shifted here or to a third country for treatment.
There were reports saying that Pakistan was "positively considering" India`s request for sending Sarabjit to a third country but it took too late to decide.
The sources underlined that India had suggested shifting of Sarabjit here as medical care in India is anyday better than that in Pakistan.
Asked whether another autopsy would be conducted on Sarabjit`s body after arrival here to ascertain the cause and time of death, the sources did not rule it out.
On whether the incident will have any impact on the normal business with Pakistan, the sources said already no meetings have been scheduled at Secretary-level since two Indian soldiers were beheaded on LoC in January.
Also Pakistan is in election-mode.
"We cannot pre-judge. We will keep monitoring the situation and see after elections in Pakistan," the source said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents