India will send more 26/11 evidence to Pakistan: Krishna
New Delhi: More evidence on 26/11 will be provided to Pakistan as investigations continue, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna said Saturday, a day after India presented yet another dossier on the Mumbai terror attacks.
"We are in continuous touch with the government of Pakistan. It is an ongoing exercise between Pakistan and India," Krishna told reporters here.
"So as and when we collect more evidence, we will keep sending it across to Pakistan and that`s what the Foreign Secretary did yesterday."
Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao had Friday handed over to Pakistani High Commissioner Shahid Malik the latest dossier on the November 2008 terror attacks, which specifically includes "additional information" on Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed.
"Our legal experts will examine the new information to see whether it was legally tenable," Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said in Islamabad, acknowledging the receipt of the latest dossier, adding India had not provided adequate evidence in earlier documents.
Pakistan has been saying India has not provided enough evidence to prosecute Saeed. He was placed under house arrest in December last year after the UN proscribed the JuD in the wake of the Mumbai attacks but was released by the Lahore High Court in June citing "lack of evidence".
Earlier this month, new US envoy to India Timothy J. Roemer said Pakistan should follow up the trial of suspects in the Mumbai terror attack.
"People held in Pakistan in connection with the Mumbai attacks should be brought to justice," Roemer told reporters Aug 12.
His remarks came in the wake of the Pakistan Supreme Court`s decision to postpone indefinitely the petitions challenging Saeed`s release, which virtually left him free. The court cited lack of evidence against Saeed while announcing its decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video