India will send more 26/11 evidence to Pakistan: Krishna
New Delhi: More evidence on 26/11 will be provided to Pakistan as investigations continue, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna said Saturday, a day after India presented yet another dossier on the Mumbai terror attacks.
"We are in continuous touch with the government of Pakistan. It is an ongoing exercise between Pakistan and India," Krishna told reporters here.
"So as and when we collect more evidence, we will keep sending it across to Pakistan and that`s what the Foreign Secretary did yesterday."
Indian Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao had Friday handed over to Pakistani High Commissioner Shahid Malik the latest dossier on the November 2008 terror attacks, which specifically includes "additional information" on Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed.
"Our legal experts will examine the new information to see whether it was legally tenable," Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said in Islamabad, acknowledging the receipt of the latest dossier, adding India had not provided adequate evidence in earlier documents.
Pakistan has been saying India has not provided enough evidence to prosecute Saeed. He was placed under house arrest in December last year after the UN proscribed the JuD in the wake of the Mumbai attacks but was released by the Lahore High Court in June citing "lack of evidence".
Earlier this month, new US envoy to India Timothy J. Roemer said Pakistan should follow up the trial of suspects in the Mumbai terror attack.
"People held in Pakistan in connection with the Mumbai attacks should be brought to justice," Roemer told reporters Aug 12.
His remarks came in the wake of the Pakistan Supreme Court`s decision to postpone indefinitely the petitions challenging Saeed`s release, which virtually left him free. The court cited lack of evidence against Saeed while announcing its decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'