IndiaCan to open 100 vocational training centres in 2-months
Mumbai: IndiaCan, a joint venture between
India`s Educomp and Pearson, plans to open 100 vocational
training centres pan-India in the next two-months.
Educomp is a leading education company in the country
while Pearson is a leading global education services provider.
The vocational training centres will be opened in
destinations including in the north-east, West Bengal,
Jharkhand, Orissa, south India and in Maharashtra.
IndiaCan also revealed its plans to create a national
network of more than 600 vocational training centres in the
near future, focusing on jobs across segments such as finance,
retail, IT and insurance.
"We have plans to create a pan-India network of more
than 600 vocational training centres. There will be 50 centres
across the western region by April 2010. Initially, our
centres will focus on jobs across segments including finance,
retail, IT and hospitality, among others," IndiaCan`s Chief
Executive Officer, Sharad Talwar, said here while
launching its first vocational training centre in western
India in Mumbai.
IndiaCan will target one of the country`s biggest
opportunities - training young people, Talwar said.
IndiaCan started last year with 50 centres in North
India at an investment of around Rs 90-crore.
Currently, IndiaCan has tied-up with leading companies
in each of these verticals including retail, banking and
finance, telecom and consumer goods, to provide jobs to
students who will successfully complete these courses. One
such tie-up is with Religare Enterprise.
"We have tied-up with Religare Enterprises for a
certification programme in commodities wherein selected
students are given an offer letter on Day 1 of training, a
paid internship and complete fee reimbursement," Talwar said.
The company is also in talks with other major
companies for partnership in segments like telecom, BPO, media
and hospitality, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video