Indian Air Force chief arrives in Sri Lanka
Colombo: Indian Air Force Commander Air
Chief Marshal Pradeep Vasant Naik on Sunday arrived in Sri Lanka,
beginning his four-day official visit in which he will meet
President Mahinda Rajapaksa along with top officials.
Naik was accorded a welcome by his Lankan counterpart
and Acting Chief of Defence Staff Air Chief Marshal Roshan
Goonethilake at the airport.
During his stay the Indian Air Chief will have several
meetings with top officials of the Sri Lankan government and
the defence establishment including the Secretary of Defence
Gotabhaya Rajapaksa and Service Chiefs.
He is also scheduled to visit Sri Lanka Air Force base
at Katunayake, the home of Sri Lanka`s fighter jet squadron.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore
- US flight from New Orleans to Orlando makes emergency landing after engine fails
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why