Indian Air Force chief arrives in Sri Lanka
Colombo: Indian Air Force Commander Air
Chief Marshal Pradeep Vasant Naik on Sunday arrived in Sri Lanka,
beginning his four-day official visit in which he will meet
President Mahinda Rajapaksa along with top officials.
Naik was accorded a welcome by his Lankan counterpart
and Acting Chief of Defence Staff Air Chief Marshal Roshan
Goonethilake at the airport.
During his stay the Indian Air Chief will have several
meetings with top officials of the Sri Lankan government and
the defence establishment including the Secretary of Defence
Gotabhaya Rajapaksa and Service Chiefs.
He is also scheduled to visit Sri Lanka Air Force base
at Katunayake, the home of Sri Lanka`s fighter jet squadron.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster